Warning. This is not my first blog post. This is me trying out the WordPress technology and experimenting. Really. My first blog post will be a guest post at The HR Capitalist on Friday, July 2, 2010.
But for today, my brain is percolating, my sister, the successful blogger over at Grand Rants is coaching me on the technicalities of setting up a blog as well as designing my logo, and I’m just about ready to get started blogging. I’ve been watching the best of the best for the last 2 years and this morning I counted how many blogs (mostly HR-related) are in my Google Reader: 84! But here are just some of the folks who have inspired me and encouraged me to get started blogging (in no particular order):
- Kris Dunn at The HR Capitalist
- Laurie Ruettimann at PunkRockHR
- Franny Oxford at Do The Work
- Jessica Lee and team at Fistful of Talent
- Sharlyn Lauby, the HR Bartender
- Charlie Judy at HR Fishbowl
- Trish McFarlane at HR Ringleader
- Michael Long , The Red Recruiter
- Mark Stelzner at Inflexion Advisors
- Jason Seiden
- Lance Haun at Rehaul
- Gerry Crispen at The CareerXroads Annex
- Michael Van Dervort at The Human Race Horses
These folks have provided fine examples of blogging excellence to which I aspire. Apologies ahead of time if I disappoint and thanks to the folks above for encouragement, support and confidence building.
Look for my second real blog post soon — the first being over at The HR Capitalist — and thanks to my wonderful Sis for her amazing skill and coaching.