You know what? I like gifts. Especially this time of year.
And Social Media has been the gift that keeps on giving – all year this year for me. It has enabled me to connect with some pretty inspiring people in 2010. Through Twitter, FaceBook, LinkedIn and my blog, www.chinagorman.com, I’ve “met” hundreds of smart, interesting and committed HR professionals. I count myself one lucky gal.
The real gift, though, is taking these relationships beyond the social media channel. Talking with people on the phone – or, better yet, meeting face-to-face. And I got to do that with some pretty special people this year. People that I now count as friends not just contacts. People with whom I have a real relationship. People who have provided support, information, wise counsel and friendship. The real gift.
These are the folks I connected with face-to-face in 2010 for the first time and who have inspired me:
- Steve Boese Genius behind HR Happy Hour
- Susan Burns “They were people before they were resumes.”
- Matt Charney Social media maven
- Joni Doolin Business intel + people metrics = brilliance
- Joe Gerstandt “Fly your freak flag proudly”
- Paul Hebert Neo Thought generator
- Maren Hogan Community manager to the HR stars
- Chris Hoyt Pepsi’s secret recruitment weapon
- Charlie Judy Brave HR pro who speaks the truth
- Jason Lauritsen Epitome of walking the talk
- Trish McFarlane Role model for HR pros. In every way.
- Jessica Miller-Merrell Trail blazer in the world of HR and social media
- Shauna Moerke Real genius behind HR Happy Hour
- Jamie Naughton A CHRO or a CEO in 10 years: her choice
- Jason Seiden Teaching us we should all fail spectacularly
- John Sumser Ranker of influence and predictor of disruption
- William Tincup The real deal. In every category.
- Sarah White “Social media is not real.”
Am I rich, or what?